Sunday, May 19, 2013

MMM Day 18 Lucky Trousers

Trousers: self made Shirt: Old Navy Leather Jacket: Wilsons Leather(thrifted)
Shoes: Aerosole (thrifted)Necklace:Suzy Shier



Setting out to make a pair of trousers can be a daunting task (fitting them can be so tricky)...I have failed at them before..so when I set out to make these Burda ones, I decided to just go ahead and make them according to pattern, in my size and just see what happened. I got lucky. I love them. 

My Review: 

Pattern: Burda 7447

Fabric used: Hmm..A woven something..I have to make better note of what fabrics are and learn to identify them. Sorry. 

Instructions: They were easy to follow, just be aware that I didn't put the welt pockets on the back. I tend to avoid them, even in ready to wear. I would like to add them to the next pair though, just to give them a go...it's been awhile.

If I could change anything: I wouldn't change a thing other then make a smaller size in the waist. Although it was easy to take them in with the back seam in the waistband.

Repeat worthy? Definitely! I would like to make a pair of shorts with this pattern next. 

No comments:

Post a Comment