Thursday, February 6, 2014

Project Sewn Fashion Icon Challenge




Project Sewn has their new contest underway and it is so much fun and inspiring to see what the contestants are making! This weeks theme challenge is Fashion Icons. I wanted to sew a long but the choices for fashion icons are many.. making it very difficult for me to chose. I went with my first thought...Jackie O. I have always loved her classic style and even styled my hair in a flip in highschool! 

I have had this Butterick pattern in my stash for as long as I can remember. I made a few changes to the construction which I will share in another post. The most obvious change is the shoulder bows....I omitted them all together and just for this photo shoot put a bow at the waist. (The bow will not be worn out in real life) If you look at pictures of Jackie, you will notice that she wore bows at her waist often. And pearls of course pearls. I put on every string of pearls I own...real and faux. I do have a genuine affinity for pearls especially after my dad gave a heart melting speech at my wedding comparing me to pearls...a precious gem. I could cry now just thinking about it.

Well, I don't know where that came from.....Anyways. I do love this dress and think it will be perfect for a wedding or a special date night. Now go check out Project Sewn's contestants and sewalong contestants and place your vote. I warn you though...these ladies don't make it an easy task!

17 comments:

  1. lovely job- it looks beautiful on you :) Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That is the perfect red and so Jackie O!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely dress, and very Jackie O...right down to the dark sunglasses! The fabric and you...both beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I totally forgot to put the sunglasses on though! I was too busy trying to take the pic with my timer :)

      Delete
  4. That is a gorgeous dress and it looks perfectly lovely on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Margo, what a beautiful dress!! You are ready for Valentine's Day! Hopefully Handsome has something special planned. The fabric is perfect for the style of the dress. You have my vote. :)
    Almeda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Almeda! This may sound crazy but in 20 years of marriage we have never celebrated Valentine's Day. But I do plan to wear this out on date night because we do go out on a lot of great dates! Thanks for your vote!

      Delete
  6. Ohhh... what a beautiful dress! I always impressed with your skill, Margo. Everything you made are so good :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning. Stunning. Stunning. I love this style and your changes are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely dress. The fabric, the style, the pearls, that bow...it is all perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You wear it well :) I love the clean lines of Jackie O style, too and pearls are so timeless! Glad you are back to your sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely beautiful dress!

    ReplyDelete