Thursday, March 27, 2014

Lace Renfrew




I loved my last Renfrew so much that I decided to whip up another! I had this knit fabric that I thrifted and it was a perfect match to some leftover lace I had from this skirt. So I thought...why not team them up for a pretty and comfy Renfrew. Instead of grading it in at the waist like I had planned, I left it a little bit big to accommodate the woven lace. I did add one inch to the overall length which I feel is a better fit for my longer torso. My only disappointment with this top is the bands on the sleeves...they are a bit wavy...I guess I  stretched them too much when I sewed them on.



With a certain age comes a new accessory...reading glasses! To say that Husband LOVES them is an understatement.

Top:self-made Jacket: Forever 21 Jeans:Puzzle(thrifted) Boots:Denver Hayes
Necklace: Ardenes  Glasses: Dolce & Gabbana

13 comments:

  1. Oooooo pretty. You and Andrea are making me wish there was lace in my stash to make my own T-shirt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. The lace is perfect and the contrast sleeves and band are a lovely feature.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty top!! And I love that necklace!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The top and the jacket are really nice. Your work is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! A lace top is on my want list! Your photos don't show any sleeve problems at all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! You look great in glasses too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! The sleeveless version is the only one I didn´t make yet of the renfrew pattern. Love the cream lace,
    Oh, reading glasses! I bought them two months ago and never use them. I keep forgetting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Give the bands a good steam pressing or just wait and see how they look when the come out of the wash. I've found that that helps with some of my wavy seams. From the photos you can't tell though. :) I've got to get to sewing with some of my lace now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's such a pretty top - and the glasses really suit you. I've just made a knit top with sleeve bands and got a bit of wave as well - I think it's technique. Still, with your top I think only you will know about the bands being wavy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty top! I like the combination between white lace and knit fabric. You should forget about the bands being wavy, it looks fine and I didn't noticed it

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just beautiful Margo! Great idea for the Renfrew.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Margo. I have just discovered your blog through Sally (she nominated me for a Liebster award too!) and I had to leave a comment to say how much I have enjoyed looking through your past posts - I really love your sewing style and I am so excited to add your too my list of blogs to subscribe to! Looking forward to see what you make next!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the white lace overlay over white knit. It is clearly something you wear dressed up or dressed down. Fabulous fit and so well sewn.

    ReplyDelete