Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Snow White

 My daughter Emily suggested that we take these pics in the woods because she thought that this outfit looked like a modern Snow White. So sweet of her. In any case, the pictures she took turned out great and it was FUN! Thanks Emmy!



This skirt is another project of the past...and another NewLook pattern. There must have been a sale on NewLook. I found this fabric at a thrift store for a couple of bucks and because it is a little on the stiff side, felt it lent itself well to this peplum pencil skirt. As I was making it, I couldn't help but think that my mom rocked the peplum style back in the 80's. Here's proof:


My mom is the pretty lady on the far left. And yep, I know...I look just like her. Yesss!(insert fist pump here)
So I guess making shiny peplum skirts runs in the family. She wore hers to stand in her sisters wedding and I well... I danced around in the woods in mine... waiting for song birds to land on my shoulder. To each her own...






Enough of the pretty posed pics and on to some fun shots of me showing off my epic balance beam skills!



Well...not quite epic.



And dismount!!

2 comments:

  1. I came to look at your Simplicity 2444 dress (very nice by the way) and on that post you said you'd made it about five times, so I've just been looking through your blog to see if you've posted about the others. I haven't found any, but I can't leave without commenting on this post because it's just so much fun! I would never dream of doing a bit of beam balancing in high heels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks! I think I have posted three of my Simplicity 2444 dresses on the blog. One has not yet made an appearance. Here are the posts on the ones I have shared..

    http://creatinginthegap.blogspot.ca/2013/04/enough-already.html

    http://creatinginthegap.blogspot.ca/2013/03/dressed-for-spring.html

    http://creatinginthegap.blogspot.ca/2013/05/mmm-day-23-dear-simplicity-2444.html

    http://creatinginthegap.blogspot.ca/2013/05/mmm-day-2.html

    These are all Simplicity 2444.

    ReplyDelete