I am really late in sharing this dress...late as in I made it two years ago and now late in the summer. I made this dress for a trip south and had the best intentions to photograph on a beautiful beach but...it didn't happen. Guess you will have to settle for my driveway catwalk again.
I used two patterns to make this dress. The bodice is B4443 and the skirt is Simplicity 1590. The fit isn't the best on this one and some boning should probably have been added to the bodice. Despite this, it stays put and is fine for a comfy summer maxi.
The fabric is a chiffon in the prettiest watercolor floral print, lined with a textured cotton voile that makes this dress feel so nice to wear.
Since I am posting a maxi dress, I thought that I would give you an update on the V8870 dress that I changed from a high low to a maxi. I had a bit of trouble getting some more of this fabric but found some on a visit to another city three hours away. Husband wanted to go to a new hunting fishing store that opened and of course he suggested we make a fabric stop as well. Smart man! I spotted the fabric and was in and out if the store in under ten minutes. Smart man is now shocked! I didn't need or want to look at anything else...I had my fabric!
The after pictures are certainly not as good as the before but the dress is much better! I have worn this dress so much!!