Saturday, September 5, 2015

Jumping the Queue.....McCalls 6083





I made pants....remember back when I said that I wanted to make more pants...well I kept good on that resolution. Albeit...they are more like pajama pants...but they are pants nonetheless. 

I feel kinda chic in this pajama pant jumpsuit. This is the second jumpsuit I have made lately...the other was  McCalls 7099 (unblogged...I'll get to it eventually) and I have concluded that I like a fuller leg rather than tapered when it comes to jumpsuits.



Fabric used: A black and white abstract dot polyester crepe.

Instructions:  This is a fairly simple make... 

Changes I made: I may have mentioned here before that I am fairly long waisted...but somehow I forgot this... again... After attaching the bodice to the pants, I proceeded to try it on...that sucker wasn't going over my shoulders no matter how much I tried to wiggled myself in! Off it came...I recovered from an awful wedgie.... and out came the seam ripper. Ughh. I didn't have enough fabric left to cut a new bodice so I made an 1 1/2 " waist band/casing for the elastic which gave me the perfect amount of extra length I needed in the bodice. The print of this fabric hides the waistband really well...

Repeat worthy? Fer sure!!! I really want the shorts version in a printed challis or rayon. I know that I should be sewing more for fall now..and I am..but with the warm weather continuing, I'm tempted to let this baby jump the sewing queue in the shorts version.




Jumpsuit:self made Clutch:Ann Taylor Shoes:Kenneth Cole Reaction



44 comments:

  1. This is so elegant! I love it. How do you get into it? Is it a zipper, or do you crawl in through the neckline?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gillian! I crawl through that neckline like a boss!

      Delete
  2. This is cute! And you have at least six more weeks of summer left so go for it and sew the shorter version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the permission!! I'm on it!!

      Delete
    2. That looks so good on you. I'd bump it to the head of my sewing queue too but autumn has arrived early in the UK.

      Delete
  3. Pretty. That's a great look on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I'm looking for the right jumpsuit pattern and this may be it! I love your version.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this, it looks very chic, the wider legs definitely make it more elegant. I'm trying to convince myself to start autumn sewing but the sun is back out today so I'm now thinking i should finish up those last few summer makes I've got planned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our summer feels so short here that I find it hard to let go of summer sewing!

      Delete
  6. You look so pretty and very elegant in this jumpsuit! These wide pants in your fabric look great and suit you very well. Great job as always, Margo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks yoshimi! As I look at the pictures, I think the next one could be a bit longer.

      Delete
  7. You look so chic in jumpsuits! Definitely should make a few more before it's bundling up weather.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty and elegant! I love this jumpsuit on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, now. THIS looks absolutely super! Good fabric for the outfit. Hangs very nicely on you and fits well. Nice print. I think the length is just right. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute. I just came back from vacation and saw so many women wearing jumpsuits that looked really good. You are tempting me with this look. I think you should repeat it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like it more than I thought I would. You should give it a try. Thanks Beth!

      Delete
  11. Wow super nice, so elegant! I tried making a jumpsuit myself but i abandoned the project halfway true. Yours looks so much better. mine looked like a to large toddler play suit :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I look back at my first jumpsuit, I realize this one is much better. It often takes me more than one try to get it "right". Thanks Nathalie!

      Delete
  12. Very elegant outfit. The key to a wearable jumpsuit is fit and fabric choice. You've nailed both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gail! I'm glad that I went with a small print for this one...I may even make the next one with a waistband as well. I think it is what gives it a better fit.

      Delete
  13. This looks fabulous, if Autumn hadn't already arrived in the UK I'd be tempted to make one myself.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just gorgeous! So chic and elegant. The waistband save is genius - it absolutely looks like that was what it always meant to look like! I'll look forward to reading about your McCalls 7099 experience; I've had my eye on that pattern for Spring...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Danielle! I am thinking that I will add the waistband to the next one as well. McCalls 7099 isn't my fav but I hope to get some pics soon.

      Delete
  15. This is gorgeous! I swear you look more like a supermodel with every post ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha, I had the same trouble with my shoulders not fitting into this pattern! And I had to lengthen the bodice by like 3"! Your fix with the band looks great - I actually like the waist definition it adds more than the original design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Morgan! I think that I will add the waistband to the next one as well..I really like it.

      Delete
  17. Ooh- you have inspired me to get this pattern... it looks great on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a classy outfit! Black and white is always smart.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You look so elegant and glamorous in your jumpsuit! I like the black and white look. It suits you beautifully :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carolyn! I have been drawn to black and white lately.

      Delete