With all the summer sunshine, staying inside sewing hasn't been happening as much as maybe I'd like but here in Canada we have to enjoy it while its here! I did however complete this unfinished project and I love it!
This skirt became an unfinished project when it was almost done and then I realized that I wanted pockets. Let's face it, I always want pockets. So instead of getting right at it and taking it apart, I tossed aside for awhile. It happens...right?
I used McCalls 6706, a now favorite pattern but it doesn't have pockets. sad face. I added a back seam so that the zipper could be moved from the side seam to the back, making it possible to put my beloved pockets in. The front and back pieces of this pattern are the same piece so I didn't cut the back piece on the fold and added 1/2 inch for seam allowance. Fairly easy. I'm not sure why I didn't tackle it sooner....
The fabric I used is actually a drapery fabric and it's very sheer, so I underlined it with a cotton sateen, treating them as one piece. I love the volume it created. I also made it longer then the pattern because I wanted the stripes to be balanced and I think it is a chic length. For these pics, I paired it with a simple grey tee to tone down the dressiness. This skirt may be a little over the top but I feel so great in it!
|Skirt:self-made Tee:Joe Fresh Shoes:Walmart|