Sunday, March 31, 2013

Dressed for Spring


Well, spring has finally sprung! Now if only the grass would...these pictures look so blah with brown dead grass for background. Handsome isn't home to take pics so I tend not to venture to a new location without him. I'm just lazy like that.


This pattern is one of my favorites,(made before here). Simplicity 2444. I really love this retro silhouette and of course the pockets.  I actually made this dress a year ago and have been waiting until Easter to both wear it and post it. I made the belt from and old wool skirt that I had, each flower on the belt is made of many circles folded and sewn together. I love the combination of this outfit, polka dots, flowers, pearls and the spring color. I kind of feel like I'm eight years old, but more sophisticated. Just missing a crazy Easter bonnet.


Happy Resurrection Day!

1 comment:

  1. I just love this version of the 2444, also the one that graduates down from white to navy, (but there's no comment box on that post).

    I think I will have to get myself this pattern to try.

    ReplyDelete