Friday, March 29, 2013

Black , White and More of the White Stuff

On others blogs I follow, I see that spring has sprung. Lucky ducks. But not quite for those of us living on the east coast of Canada. We just had another snowfall! So here I am still wearing tights and a winter coat. So sad.



On a happy note, I can still wear this new dress with a cardigan or a blazer. This is the first time I used this Butterick 5455 pattern, which was a fairly easy project. I chose this bold black and white geometric print in a cotton stretch, it was sooo nice to work with!


I really like the pockets in this dress and luckily, I didn't have to make any fit alterations. I cut a straight size 12 and although you can't tell from these pictures, it fits me to a T. I omitted the back vent in this dress, I found that it had plenty of room to walk and I liked that it gave it a more tapered shape.




No comments:

Post a Comment