Saturday, September 29, 2012

Fall Maxi


          After my fiasco with the green pants, I felt that I had to redeem myself. My confidence required it! So, I pulled out this dress. It was another one of my unfinished projects... don't judge you know you know you have them too. Right? Right?


                     


I  used a vintage pattern I picked up at a thrift shop. It is Butterick 6840. I really like vintage patterns. I know that some people are against actually using them in favor of preserving them, but not me, I will happily try them out! 



I decided to sew up the sides completely (no slits), shortened the sleeves, and I also took some bulk out of the sleeves so that I didn't look like I was drowning in the dress. When I was getting ready to take pictures, I tried on many belts but nothing I had felt right with it. I quickly whipped up a sash belt and really like that it keeps the 70's feel of the dress.

I'm looking forward to wearing this dress with my boots and leather moto jacket this fall. I could also give it a true boho feel with an over sized sweater or go a little more chic with a blazer. Oh... the possibilities!

2 comments:

  1. I love this dress. You've got me sesrching the interwebs for a copy of this pattern.

    ReplyDelete