Friday, May 23, 2014

Hello Old Friend


Does anyone remember when I said goodbye to my favorite pattern Simplicity 2444?
Yeah, me neither.

Ok, I do. I knew at the time that I needed to give this pattern a break. Well, I didn't make any more of them...at least I don't think I did...but I already had this one in my closet and I realized during Me Made May that I had never blogged about it.



Pattern:  Simplicity 2444

Fabric used: Floral linen "look".  

Changes I made: This dress was made early in my infatuation...so it has a front center seam. I realized at dress number three that I neither liked nor needed to put this seam in. I cut it on the fold now. I also like to line at least the bodice now instead of using facings. 

Repeat worthy? Uh duh....





This pattern redefines a TNT pattern for me. I always feel like myself in this style dress. I have even used the bodice to make a jumpsuit....shocking! You definitely haven't seen the last of this one!




15 comments:

  1. I never can say goodbye, I never can say goodbye...what can I say Margo, we've got great taste in patterns! This rendition is a beautiful sunny version! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue! Great minds think alike!

      Delete
  2. Its funny how those TNT patterns become like security blankets. This one is totally adorable and TNT worthy.
    I have a TNT blouse pattern and its funny how so many non-sewers don't recognize that all 4 shirts are made from the same pattern. If its any consolation, the general public really don't normally recognize the lines and finite design of a pattern. They notice the fabric, color and general shape which are quite easy to alter from one rendition to another.

    Sometimes you just need to sew and wear a 'good old friend' pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right, about no one really noticing. I just think that those in the blogging world do notice and there is some pressure at times to change things up. Sometimes I just want to make a pretty dress and sew without stress. That's where my TNT's come into play. :)

      Delete
  3. A very pretty dress. And definitely the perfect pattern for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful dress! I can see why it is a favourite :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love sundresses. I recently tried to sew my first one but did not have a lot of success. Oh well - I'll keep trying. Yours came out beautifully and I love the fabric you chose for it. I'm stopping by from Sewing Saturdays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely dress. I am crazy about floral prints. I have made many from them LOL. Hoppping over from SimpleSimonAndCo. Do visit me at TheHobbyHarbor - Diya

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I love it with this cardi too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a perfect dress! Love everything about it .. the color and pattern .. I understand how you feel about that TNT pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely dress, Margo. Never say goodbye to that pattern, it is a real treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty dress! OK now I have Bon Jovi "Never say Goodbye" playing over and over in my head. Yep never say goodbye to Simplicity 2444, Bon Jovi says!!

    ReplyDelete